Hot Rope Jump is a minigame in Mario Party and Mario Party 2.
- As an introduction to this minigame, giant blue Podoboos bounce around the little island and spawn many little red Podoboos, and they line up as a jump rope. The players in the game line up moments later, ready to play the minigame.
- In the first version, in Mini-Game Island game mode, the "Full of Danger" music is played in order to increase difficulty because the player must jump 40 times without making mistakes to win the game.
Characters jump over a jump rope made of flaming hot Podoboos while on a rock platform in the middle of a lava sea. The Podoboos speed up faster and faster as the minigame goes by, and to win, the player must simply survive until no other player remains. In the Mario Party version of this, the game will end in a "Miss!" if even one person touches the Podoboo rope, and said person will lose coins. Also, if the four players reach twenty jumps, they all win the game.
In Mario Party 2, while playing the Mini-Game Coaster game mode, the player has to jump a total of 50 times to pass the minigame, a rule that's not normally implemented.
- A Button – Jump
- Game Rules – "The flaming rope spins and spins. Jump the rope without touching the flame."
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Island) – "Jump the hot, flaming jump rope! Jump 40 times to clear the game."
- Advice – "The rope will gradually speed up."
Mario Party 2
- Game Rules – "The flaming Podoboo rope spins and spins. Jump the rope without touching a Podoboo."
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Coaster) – "The Podoboo rope spins and spins! Jump it 50 times to clear this Mini-Game."
- Advice – "The rope can suddenly speed up or slow down. Watch the flame to avoid the heat."